In an exclusive coverage, the South Korean press Insight revealed that AKMU‘s Lee Chanhyuk recently closed the deal on a five-story building in the popular neighborhood of Hongdae in Mapo-gu, Seoul.
Hongdae, also known by its official subway station name of “Hongik University Station”, is always and forever an indie musician’s paradise — with the neighborhood streets full of busking space and walking traffic.
The area is also thoroughly appreciated by foreigners visiting Korea, as it boasts a countless number of accommodations and easy access to the Gimpo and Incheon airports with an AREX (airport rail) stop.
Reportedly, Chanhyuk paid ₩4,750,000,000 KRW ($4,077,253 USD) for this building, located minutes away from the beloved Hongik University Station.
The building is said to be four stories high above ground level, with a single floor below ground level. It currently houses a franchise coffee shop that serves as one of the landmarks for the area.
Upon hearing the news, K-Pop fans are congratulating Chanhyuk on becoming a proud “Young & Rich” landlord. Many commented, “Considering the number of hit songs he has produced, it is not at all surprising he has the money to invest in real estate.”
- “Talk about self-made millionaire!”
- “Go Chanhyuk! Keep writing good music and taking all my money.”
- “He sets such a good example of talented people getting paid what they deserve.”
- “His name should be spelled Y O U N G & R I C H”
- “Okay, but he has like 30+ mega hit songs… He deserves like 3 buildings.”